The Down syndrome clinic is designed to ensure that individuals with Down syndrome receive the care and wrap-around services that enhance their overall progress and health. The clinic is open to any individual with Down syndrome and works with the patient and parents or caregivers to ensure a comprehensive evaluation.
The interdisciplinary team, which includes a behavioral health counselor in addition to the physician, provides families with information about community resources and works with each individual to meet the recommended health guidelines for patients with Down syndrome. Dr. Angie Childers and her team will also aid in the transition of patients with Down syndrome as they move from pediatric to adult care.
- Individualized care for children and adults with Down syndrome
- Uses an interdisciplinary approach to care
- Behavioral health consultant available
- Assists with transition from pediatric to adult care
- Provides support and information on community resources
The clinic is open every third Wednesday morning of the month from 9 a.m. - noon at the Orange Mound Health Center.
2569 Douglass Ave. | Memphis, TN 38114
To schedule an appointment, call (901) 842-3164
What to bring to your first visit:
- Insurance card
- Immunizations records
- Medications you are currently taking
- Proof of income