Call (901) 842-2379 to make an appointment or text “SCS901” to 91999
Shelby County Schools in partnership with Christ Community Health Services offers three school-based health centers: East High, Sheffield Career & Tech Center, and Westwood.
Our staff is available to work closely with students and parents to address a variety of health-related issues.
Christ Community Health Services will work with student’s insurance provider and family’s through our sliding fee program. No student will be denied treatment due to inability to pay.
- Pediatric Care
- Annual Child physicals
- Sports Physicals
- Well Child Physicals
- Behavioral Evaluations
- Sick Visits
- Family Counseling Services
Physical, Parental Consent, & Other Health Forms
Physical Examination and Parental Consent
Article II, Section 10 of the TSSAA Bylaws states:
It is required that no student be permitted to participate in practice sessions or in athletic contests until there is on file with the principal a preparticipation medical evaluation form signed by a doctor of medicine, osteopathic physician, physician assistant, or certified nurse practitioner stating that the student has passed a physical examination, not prior to April 15, and that in their opinion the student is physically fit to participate in interscholastic athletics. In lieu of the form, the principal may accept a signed statement from the health care provider certifying that the student has passed a physical examination that encompasses all elements on the preparticipation medical evaluation form and attesting that in their opinion the student is physically fit to participate in interscholastic athletics.
No student shall be required to submit to a physical exam if his/her parent(s) or legal guardian shall file with the principal a signed, written statement (affirmed under the penalties of perjury) declining such physical examination on grounds of sincerely held beliefs or practices.
It is required that no student be permitted to participate in practice sessions or in athletic contests until there is on file a parental consent certificate signed by a parent or legal guardian stating that the student has the consent of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian to participate.
- Pediatric Consent for Evaluation and Treatment_(Eng)
- Pediatric Consent for Evaluation and Treatment_(ES)
- Pediatric Health History
- Application for Sliding Fee Financial Assistance
- Application for Sliding Fee Financial Assistance (ES)
- Sliding Fee Brochure (ENG)
- Sliding Fee Brochure (ES)
Nutrition Handouts for a healthier YOU!
- What's My Plate All About - English
- What's My Plate All About - Spanish
- Smart Snacking Tips for Teens - English
- Get the facts on food labels
- School Breakfast
- School Lunch
- 20 Health Tips
- Smart Tips on reading a menu
- Make Physical Activity a part of your day
- Good Nutrition and Healthy Weight - Spanish
- 25 Healthy Snacks for Kids - Spanish